SAY NO to MONSANTO’s GMO
Pedro and I attended a March Against Monsanto on Saturday (October 12, 2013) in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
We want to show we do not approve of Monsanto winning a World Food Award for their GMO seeds.
We believe they are taking away the rights of the individuals for the following reasons:
- The GMO and non-GMO Patent Seeds so that they OWN the seeds – prevents the average person from seed saving as the seeds would be property of Monsanto
- The are messing with the Genes of seeds – crossing the species barrier which the implications have not be thoroughly studied. The body does not recognize the foreign proteins as food and stores them in the body. This is a very high potential the rogue proteins are the start to cancer.
- They promise higher yields to feed the world, but in fact the yields are not much better and they require a higher chemical output.
- They are imposing their new seed technology on poor third world countries, which in the end these farmers can not afford to re-buy seed every year and they can not afford the chemicals required (like round-up).
- The Bees are dying off due to a multitude of reasons; pesticides in the gene’s of the seeds could be one.
There are many documentaries now on the internet to know more;
1. FOOD, INC. – 2008
2. FRESH – 2009
3. JIMMY’S GM FOOD FIGHT – 2008
4. GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD – PANACEA OR POISON – 2009
5. THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MONSANTO – 2009
6. KING CORN – 2007
7. FOOD MATTERS – ?
8. FORKS OVER KNIVES – ?
9. THE GARDEN – 2008
10. THE FUTURE OF FOOD – 2004
11. FARMAGGEDON – 2011
12. QUEEN OF THE SUN: What Are the Bees Telling Us? – 2010
13. FOOD FIGHT – 2008
14. A ELICATE BALANCE – 2008